Dental bonding with composite white filling material is a progressive way to make esthetic repairs to your teeth. In most cases, several teeth can be bonded in one dental visit to improve the aesthetics of your dentition.
You might opt for dental bonding if you want:
- To repair tooth cavities
- To repair chipped or cracked teeth
- To improve the appearance of discolored teeth
- To close spaces between teeth
- To make teeth look longer or wider
- To change the shape of teeth
- As a cosmetic alternative to amalgam fillings
- To protect a portion of the tooth’s root that has been exposed when gums recede
First, the surface of your natural tooth or teeth is roughened to improve the adhesion of the composite resin. We select a shade that closely matches your natural teeth, and apply it to your tooth in layers in a process similar to dental veneering, using a special UV light to harden the resin as each layer is applied.
After the last layer of composite resin is hardened, your dentist shapes and polishes it to form your tooth. The finished tooth looks natural and smooth.
Dental bonding with composite white restorations is an efffective way to correct small to medium defects. For larger repairs, a dental crown is needed to protect the remaining tooth structure from further damage and loss.